Monday, July 18, 2011

Clothespin Calendar

Okay, so I am back - with a great way to organize your week in a colorful, playful way!


But, first, I must say how EXCITED I am after my experience last week.  I spent everyday with 1st graders creating art, singing, dancing, and acting.  It was so fun and completely confirmed my decision to be an art educator.  The creativity that kids have trump anything I could ever come up with - it was very refreshing to be around people who are constantly happy and looking for new answers.

For those of you who do not know me very well, one thing you probably don't know is that I love to organize!  I've been told it is deceiving about how much I love having things in order and in a place, but it is truly the only way I can get anything done.

If there's any others out there who have this same obsession or wish you did, here is a simple way to organize your week so nothing gets forgotten:

 Just start with regular, old clothespins.  I used 7, but maybe you only need 5.

 Next, just paint one side of the pins. 

  I picked some bright colors to liven up my dull office/computer area!

 When paint is completely dry, write each day of the week on the pins.

Then you just need a string of some sort to drape from each side on the wall ( I made a braid out of an old tshirt).  Clip on your clothespins and cut out some recycled paper to write your agenda on for each day.  
I imagine this would be really helpful if you have kids or an actual job perhaps, but right now, my weeks aren't too busy.  But now I have no excuse to forget anything!

And for those who can't read it, Saturday I am leaving for BRAZIL!  
I am going with a group from the art education department from my school and will be gone for about 2 weeks.  I can't believe how fast our departure date has crept up on us!  So this week, I have a bunch of crafts, diy fashion, and tips to share, but after that I will be m.i.a in South America!  But, I'll share more on that later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment